POWERADE Zero Games
Grand Prize: Grand Prize Package for the POWERADE Zero Games:
- 2-Night hotel stay in Atlanta on 8/31-9/01
- Two (2) tickets to the Chick-Fil-A-Kickoff Game, Alabama vs. Virginia Tech, August 31st at Georgia Dome
- VIP Batting practice experience and two (2) game tickets to the Atlanta Braves vs. Miami Marlins game on Sunday, September 1st
- Two (2) World of Coca-Cola tour tickets
- Estimated value of $680
Eligibility: All entrants must be legal residents of the United States, and living within the State of Tennessee. Employees (including their immediate families and members of the same household) of WMSR Inc, its affiliates, all Music City Sports Festival sponsors and promotional agencies who do business with WMSR or any of the promotion sponsors, and other radio stations in WMSR survey area (as defined by Arbitron) are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents and legal guardians, children and legal wards, grandparents, and grandchildren, including “in-laws.” No purchase of any kind is necessary to enter this contest.
Contesting: Beginning 5/31/2013, participants will pick up their POWERADE Zero Scorecard in the Twice Daily Fan Zone booth at the festival. The Music City Sports Festival takes place at the Music City Center 201 5th Ave. S. Nashville, TN 37203on Friday May 31st 3p-8p & Saturday June 1st 7:30am to 4pm. There will be a total of 12 events. They are as follows: Soccer penalty kick, basketball free throw shooting, hockey shootout, baseball tire toss, CANZ (similar to cornhole), football tire throw, sports trivia (20 question written sports quiz), golf putting, pop-a-shot, , fitness test, dice, Marshall Molar 5k-Anyone who runs will receive 5 bonus points.
Each event will have an overall prize winner. You may only participate once in each event. In order to qualify for the grand prize, you must participate in 8 events of your choice. You will scratch the remaining events so play to your strengths and pick your best 8. Participants may be any age.
Grand Prize Winner: On 06/01/2013 WMSR will choose one grand prize winner based on the most points accumulated in the 8 events chosen by the participant (5 bonus points will be awarded to any participant that finishes the Marshall Molar 5K). In the event of a tie, the contestants will playoff in a basketball free throw contest to be held at a location and time determined by WMSR. Each event will be scored by an independent judge. Judges will stamp the participants scorecards. Any score not accompanied by the designated stamp for the specific event will not count. All scorecards are unofficial until they have been completed and returned to the Twice Daily Fan Zone. Participants can only compete in each one event one time. To be eligible for the Grand Prize, you can only participate in 8 events. All participants will scratch the other 4 reaming events.
Individual Game Winner: On 06/01/2013 WMSR will choose twelve individual winners based on the scoring and tiebreaker system explained in the list below. All winners will be selected at the conclusion of the Music City Sports Festival (4p.m.)
Note: All events scored on a 1-20 scale.
- Free Throw Shootout: Each participant will get 10 attempts; 2 points will be awarded for each consecutive made free throw. Each participant gets 1 practice shot. TIEBREAKER: Anybody that goes 10-for-10 will keep shooting until they miss for the individual contest.
- Baseball Tire Toss: Each participant will get 10 tosses; each toss is worth a maximum of 2 points. Participant will be awarded 2 points for throwing it through the tire; 1 point if you hit the tire. TIEBREAKER: Any participant that goes 10-for-10 (through the hole) will keep throwing until they miss.
- Soccer Penalty Kicks: Each participant will get 10 kicks to hit the designated targets. If you hit a target, the kick is worth 2 points. If you miss a target but kick it in the net, it’s worth 1 point. If it hits a post or misses the net, 0 points will be awarded. TIEBREAKER: Is determined by the contestant with the most two-point shots. Second tiebreaker will be fewest shots that miss the net. Third tiebreaker will be a coin flip.
- Pop-a-shot: Each participant will have 30 seconds on the clock. Each made basket is worth 1 point; maximum score of 20. TIEBREAKER: For the individual contest, total number of baskets made in the allotted time.
- CANZ: Each participant gets 10 tosses- 2 points if you throw it in the hole; 1 point if it sits on the rim. NOTE: If a can is knocked into the hole on a subsequent throw, it counts. TIEBREAKER: Fewest shots that do not score. Second tiebreaker will be a coin flip.
- Football Toss: Each participant will get 10 tosses; each toss is worth a maximum of 2 points. Participant will be awarded 2 points for throwing it through the tire; 1 point if you hit the tire. Each participant gets 1 practice shot. TIEBREAKER: Any participant that goes 10-for-10 (through the hole) will keep throwing until they miss.
- Golf Putt: 10 putts-best out of 10. Each hole-in-one is worth two points. TIEBREAKER: coin flip
- Hockey Shootout: Each participant will get 10 attempts to shoot the puck through the designated holes. If you shoot it through the hole, shot is worth two points. If you miss the hole but hit the net, shot is worth one point. TIEBREAKER: Determined by the contestant with the most two-point shots. Second tiebreaker will be fewest shots that miss the net. Third tiebreaker will be a coin flip.
- Sports Trivia: 20 question test; each correct answer is worth one point. TIEBREAKER: There will be one tiebreaker question on the test. In the event of a second tiebreaker, winner will be determined via coin flip.
- Dice: Very simple; Lucky 7s: roll the dice 20 times, participant is awarded one point for each 7 you roll. TIEBREAKER: Coin Flip
- Pushups: Each participant will receive .5 points for every proper-form pushup they complete. TIEBREAKER: As many as you can without breaking proper pushup code.
- Racing: Each participant will run a qualifying style session at a race track to be determined on a racing game to be determined. Points will be awarded based on lap time. EXAMPLE: Any lap time of 15.50 will earn 20 points. 2 points will be deducted for each tenth of a second lost than 15.50. 15.51-15.60 = 18 points; 15:61-15:70 = 16 points; 15:71-15:80 = 14 points; 15:81-15:90 = 12 points; 15:91-16:00 = 10 points; 16:01-16:10 = 8 points 16:11-16:20 = 6 points 16:21-16:30 = 4 points; 16:31-16:40 = 2 points 16:41-25:00 = 0 points.
Disclaimer/Release: WMSR and the Music City Sports Festival undertakes no liability or responsibility, and makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the performance of the prize(s) awarded, for any failure to perform or negligent performance of any service provider, or for any other risk, incident or damage, direct or indirect, relating to or arising out of the contest, including (but not limited to) cancellations, postponements, delays or other scheduling changes; accident, injury, death, damage or expense arising from or occurring during the use of the prize. WMSR is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failure or malfunctions, lost or unavailable network or other telecommunications connections, or lost, late, damaged, illegible, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, disconnected, or delayed contest entries or communications, whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this contest, or by any human error which may occur in the execution of this contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of being conducted as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond the control of WMSR and the Music City Sports Festival. WMSR reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and/or select an alternate method of awarding the prize(s). License: Entry into any contest constitutes full permission for WMSR and promotion sponsors and their respective affiliates to broadcast and/or to photograph or publish the participant’s name, voice, recorded comments, biographical information, face and likeness without compensation. All entries submitted will become the property of WMSR, and may be used for promotional/marketing purposes.
Taxes: WMSR will report the total value of each prize to the IRS and will furnish winners with a federal Form 1099. Winners must provide their social security number to Station for tax reporting purposes, and are solely responsible for payment of all taxes incurred as a result of the award of a prize.
General: Failure to conform to all contest rules, or any fraud or other illegal or inappropriate conduct on the part of a contestant, will result in the contestant’s disqualification and forfeiture of any prize won. WMSR reserves the right to rule ineligible listeners who, in WMSR’s sole judgment, engage in abusive conduct with respect to any contest or promotion conducted by WMSR or its affiliates. WMSR reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify this Contest and these Official Rules at any time, which changes will become effective upon announcement. By taking part in this contest, participants agree to be bound by these rules and all decisions of the judge Rob Clutter, who are employees of WMSR and whose decisions with respect to all aspects of the contest are final and binding. Copies of written contest rules and the list of winners are available during regular business hours at the 1030 Oakdale St Manchester, TN 37355
for 60 days after the contest concludes. As a condition to participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and all causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Davidson County, Tennessee having competent jurisdiction, which court shall apply the laws of the State of Tennessee, without regard to the conflicts of law principles thereof. The entrant and WMSR hereby waive any and all right to trial by jury. If any provision of these Official Rules is declared or found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, unenforceable or void, then such provision will be null and void but each other provision hereof not so affected will be enforced to the full extent permitted by applicable law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Proper identification is required to claim all prizes. Grand Prize winner must pick up all prizes by June 24th 5pm (central time) or winner forfeits prizes. Winners will not be eligible to win again for 30 days.
The review by The Coca-Cola Company or approval of these official rules do not constitute an opinion as to the legal appropriateness or adequacy of these rules or the manner of use and The Coca-Cola Company assumes no legal responsibility for the content of these rules. (Above two paragraphs are Part Of Rules)